Calling all young book worms and literary lovers! As main sponsors of the Jersey Festival of Words, HIGHVERN is once again inviting young people to submit designs for its Festival postcard competition.
Looking for designs inspired by books and other written art forms, the winning postcards will be printed and available to collect at the Festival all week (15-24 September 2023). HIGHVERN is covering the cost of cards and local postage so they can be sent to loved ones from the Festival hub at Freedom Church, free of charge.
The competition has three age categories: Years 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8, with one winning design being selected from each by HIGHVERN judges. As well as having their works of art brought to life, the winners will receive two free tickets to a Festival event of their choice plus a literary goodie bag to the value of £200.
Launched last year, the competition received hundreds of entries from local schoolchildren who had all celebrated their love of books and the written word in different and creative ways. A showcase of all competition entries will be on display at the Festival hub for visitors to view.
Laura Morel, Senior Digital & Marketing Manager at HIGHVERN, said: “Not only was this a wonderful chance for children to celebrate their favourite books, but it was a fantastic way for more youngsters to engage with the Festival. So many brought their family along to view their designs and we had postcards sent off island telling people what a wonderful time they had.
“Judged by all of HIGHVERN’s employees, we were genuinely blown away by the level of talent of the submissions. I’m not sure who enjoyed the competition more, the students or our team! We would love to receive even more entries this year to be able to display these at the Festival.”
The Jersey Festival of Words promotes a love of the written and spoken word across the community in a variety of styles and settings as it welcomes authors to the island. The Festival will include performance, poetry, drama, film, music and visual arts, always with words at its heart. To find out more please visit www.jerseyfestivalofwords.org
Please include the following information with your entry:
Name: Age: School:
Contact email address:
Contact phone number:
Entries should be received before the deadline of 14th July 2023.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The parent or guardian of any entrant must have read and agreed to these terms and conditions before you submit your entry or any other information, and the submission of an entry shall be deemed to be acceptance on both your part and that of your parent or guardian of these terms and conditions.
- Entrants must send entries as required in these Terms and Conditions to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth are ineligible, null, and void. HIGHVERN Trustees Limited (HIGHVERN) will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. HIGHVERN is not responsible for entries that are sent to but not received by HIGHVERN for any reason.
- All winners will be notified by the email address they provided to HIGHVERN when they initially entered. If the winner does not respond to the notification within five (5) business days, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frames listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
- Only one entry per person will be considered.
- All photos, drawings, text, and any other content or information (collectively and severally called Materials) that you submit to HIGHVERN shall become the sole and exclusive property of HIGHVERN, and HIGHVERN shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials.
- HIGHVERN may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting Materials to HIGHVERN, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to HIGHVERN free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that HIGHVERN shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials that you submit.
- You acknowledge and agree that HIGHVERN may make Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with the Materials that you submit to HIGHVERN. By submitting Materials to HIGHVERN, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Materials.
- You agree to hold HIGHVERN and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature that arise in connection with HIGHVERN’s use of the Materials submitted to HIGHVERN and used in any manner in HIGVERN’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
- Neither HIGHVERN nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winner’s use of a prize including but in no way limited to each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize. HIGHVERN is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by HIGHVERN.
- If a specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, HIGHVERN in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- HIGHVERN reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate the competition at any time without prior notice.
- HIGHVERN reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter the competition rules at any time.
- By entering the competition, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions as well as by any other rules specific to the competition. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
- No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter.
- HIGHVERN reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant for HIGHVERN to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by HIGHVERN unless prohibited by law.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Jersey.
This privacy notice sets out how HIGHVERN uses and protects any information that you supply to HIGHVERN when you enter a competition promoted by HIGHVERN.
HIGHVERN is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and in complying in all respects with the requirements of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when entering a competition, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- your name and date of birth
- your contact information including residential address, email address and telephone number
- the name of your school
What do we do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to
- facilitate your participation in the competition
- record any contact we have with you
- contact you in relation to the competition
Sharing your information
We will only share your information if:
- we are legally required to do so by a law enforcement agency or if compelled by an order of the Court or we believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights
- we are working with a specialist partner such as a mailing house, newsletter agency, marketing agency or co-promoter of a competition IT specialist that is either carrying out work on our behalf or working with us in relation to the competition. We only choose partners we can trust.
Storing your information
Information is stored by us and our selected partners on computers located in Jersey. We may also store information in paper files. We place great importance on the security of all personal information and we have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss of data will not occur while it is under our control or whilst it is being transferred, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
Unless the law requires us to hold it for a longer period, we will only retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary for the purposes of the competition.
After that time has elapsed we will delete all of your personal information that we hold If you would like your data to be deleted before this time period has elapsed, we are able to do this under your Right to Be Forgotten. Please note that once data has been deleted it cannot be retrieved and, if the competition has not yet terminated, you will no longer be eligible to participate.
If you would like to know what personal information we store, or request that we remove your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
By submitting your information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this notice.