HIGHVERN is a leading, independent professional services firm specialising in offering high-end fiduciary, corporate and fund administration services in the private capital and commercial sectors internationally.
You will be an integral part of the Risk & Compliance team which is responsible for delivering excellent service and maintaining the high standards of HIGHVERN.
This is in part achieved by assisting colleagues in managing and enhancing the regulatory control framework and setting the compliance culture for HIGHVERN.
In particular, this role will focus on the compliance services provided to its funds and corporate regulated clients and supporting the existing Key Person for these structures with a view to, in time, taking over some Key Person positions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ability to act independently but knowing when to escalate & seek guidance
- Positive, personable, self-motivated and a willingness to learn. Ability to demonstrate a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Deadline oriented; ability to work collaboratively and flexibly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, together with attention to detail, are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues
- Proven experience working within a compliance function, ideally within the fund service business (FSB).
- Good knowledge of relevant Jersey regulations and legislation, particularly the Funds and FSB legislation, including anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing/proliferation financing.
- Good understanding of the financial services environment in particular in the Jersey FSB.
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certificate level Compliance related qualification, or a willingness to study towards one.