Highvern is a leading, independent professional services firm specialising in offering high-end fiduciary, corporate and fund administration services in the private capital and commercial sectors internationally. You will be responsible for making a significant contribution to maintaining and enhancing the risk and compliance framework for Highvern. This in part will be achieved by fulfilling the roles of Compliance Officer (CO), Money Laundering Compliance Officer (MLCO) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for Highvern’s regulated clients (as applicable). In addition, you will provide technical regulatory support to the client facing teams.
REPORTS TO: Head of Risk & Compliance & Board of Regulated Client Entities
- Fulfilling the role of CO, MLCO and MLRO for all Highvern Jersey regulated clients (as applicable), ensuring continued compliance with the legislative requirements associated with this role; including but not limited to, compliance reporting and attendance at client board meetings.
- Fulfilling the role of (D)MLRO for Highvern Jersey in-house regulated companies, ensuring continued compliance with the legislative requirements associated with this role
- Proactive maintenance of the regulated clients’ policy & process framework, providing expertise into the content, as applicable
- Conduct of the regulated clients’ compliance monitoring plans in conjunction with Highvern’s internal risk and compliance monitoring
- Review and approval of Customer Due Diligence at on-boarding and trigger events
- Contribution to the client on-boarding process for the Funds business through membership on the New Business Forum
- Provision of expertise and support to Funds client teams into client risks arising through membership on the Client Risk Forum
- Conduct of periodic reviews for the Funds business client base on a risk sensitive basis
- Contribution to the risk and compliance control environment through provision of advice & support in regulatory matters, such as breach analysis and regulatory notification matters.
- Provision of needs-driven high quality and effective internal training to Highvern staff on risk and compliance matters.
- Effective contribution to risk & compliance management and team success
- Positive collaboration with Client Teams & wider stakeholders
- Effective contribution to, and use of governance fora as member / invitee
- Ongoing compliance with all internal policies and procedures
- Ongoing compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
- Effective contribution to group projects, as necessary
- Maintenance of CPD and up to date technical awareness / industry developments
- Role modelling all appropriate behaviours to staff at all times
- Effective mentoring of and knowledge sharing with more junior staff
- Proactive raising of your and Highvern’s profile in industry, through social media, event attendance/participation and articles.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 7+ yrs experience involved in risk and regulation
- Full understanding of local funds & co. legislation and regulatory requirements
- Proven initiative and capability in supporting senior leaders
- High quality communication skills – verbal, presentational and written
- Highly effective and adaptive interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- STEP / ICSA Diploma or equivalent
- Compliance related Diploma or equivalent